Saturday, November 24, 2007

Into The Wild

So maybe JBs animosity toward small furry animals is not that unfounded. I tend to think that some folk just need the comforting illusion of controlling their environment. For your own evaluation I submit this passage regarding another encounter between JB and the wild. Not only does he find fault in evolution, but he seems to have an irrational terror of the natural world.
ASC


8/15/06

I was riding my bike home from work yesterday. (Wow, first time I've had something to call work!) Anyway, I saw a man walking his German Shepard, but I didn't think much of it. That's what people do. But then, as I passed the pair, I heard a bark. And it wasn't a friendly bark. This one was laced with aggression and malice. I could hear the sound of claws darting across a sidewalk, followed by the grunt of an owner in tow. Naturally, I felt the rush of adrenaline. This was fight or flight time. So what did I do? I breaked! What in the world is wrong with me? I hear a man-eating machine coming after me, and rather than pedal away to safety with ease, I feel the best response is to stop, dismount, and challenge the beast mano y perro? Fortunately, the owner was strong enough to control his pet. Still, I am left with the disheartening knowledge that evolution is wrong for letting me live.
Jaybo

No comments: